Thursday, August 6, 2009

New Review from UK Listening Party

Spine-tingling, heart-stirring, and just generally awesome are the best three adjectives to describe the six songs I heard from Mariah Carey’s next album Memoirs of An Imperfect Angel - out 14 September.

Putting all conflict with Eminem (the bitter, twisted loser) aside, Mariah showed that talent speaks for itself and she has that in sack-loads. Although I suspect in Mariah’s case it is Hermes Birkin-loads. Limited edition and expensive, dahlings.

Here is what I heard:

(1) Candy Bling - a very slow number that showcases Mariah’s unique vocal range. One to put on the iPod and play when someone is pissing you off on the tube / bus as it totally chills you out.

(2) Obsessed - the first single and my favourite as it’s more of a dancey number. I am OBSESSED with this song and sing along when it’s on the radio

(3) H.A.T.E U - another slow number - very e=mc2- but then if you have a winning formula, why change it.

(4) Standing 0 - what a cool title for a song! By visualisng a standing ovation, Mariah is totally gonna get one.

(5) Impossible - slow but SEXY in homage to Nick Cannon, I think. She sings ‘U did the impossible…’ and ‘I love you Like…’

(6) I want to Know What Love is - cover of The Foreigner’s classic. Mariah makes it sound so beauitful, it makes you dwell on the lyrics differently. And it shows she wants to properly entertain people - nobody would have expected her to do this. I actually cheered in congratulations when this song ended and I wasn’t the only one.

http://www.zoegriffin.co.uk/blog/?p=2231

Can't wait to hear the album myself.

No comments: