Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Obsessed is that STONE GROOVE SMASH HIT WONDER!

Sup folks?!? Alright I have one question for you, just one....why are you....all up....in my George Foreman? LOL!!! No, let me get to my review.

Upon first listen, I knew it was a hot record. I was in a rush to get to work, so it really didn't marinate in good. I synced the rip to my mp3 player and ran to work. I listened to the song for two hours straight and I could tell it was catchy and a club-banger. Soon after that it started to hit me how hot the song was. At first, I was thrown off because it's so different for Mariah. The auto-tune and subdued vocals took a bit of getting used to, but NOT much.

The Lyrics are the best part of the song, the clever, genius and wittyness kills Candy dead in his tracks. She cut this dude up and down, left and right, and it was a long time coming. Well deserved. The "napoleon complex" and "bathing in windex" lines take the cake for me. Not to mention the spoken line that starts the song off from the movie - Mean Girls - "And I was like, why are you so Obsessed with me?" That took the song to the next level.

The melody is dark and anthemy, the bass booms and Mariah's vocals ride it all quite well. After hearing the song in high quality, it was taken to the next level where I knew this is most likely Mariah's 19th #1 hit.

Finally, my favorite part of the song at the very end, when Mariah belts, "He's all up in my George Foreman!", it's all about that line. I laughed so hard the first time I released she said that. Overall, everything comes together quite well in this new formula and I'm left satisfied. MC, Dream, and Tricky did their thing. She came hard, don't mess with MC.

I give this song a 9.5/10.

2 comments:

Esq said...

Definitely EVERYTHING I thought and more!

I also really love the delivery and hit of the line "It must be the weed, Is it the E? Cause you be poppin, you get it poppin" Going after his addiction was a seriously LOW blow, but it was so delicious! I ate it up immediately.

I co-sign on everything!

Anonymous said...

What a desperate cow!! She has become such a joke!

Seriously! The whole music industry is laughing at her and at her tactics to get the fake no 1 s. No wonder why she doesn't have any hits outside the US /worldwide where she cannot manipulate her tactics with hype and payola :(