Thursday, February 21, 2008

For the Nostalgia - When You Believe (Duet with Whitney Houston/Live on Oprah)

These two are my favorite singers in the known world, Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston. Not only my favorite singers, but in my opinion, the Best Singers in the world (at once). Whatever they have done, no matter where their voices are now (even though Mariah's in a great vocal place), no one hasn't topped what they have already done vocally, I don't think they ever will. So when it was announced that these two vocal superpowers were going to record a duet together, I was the happiest man in the world and THEN some. Like WOW, you have NO IDEA, this was like...Christmas, Birthday, Halloween, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving, Summertime, everything all at once, the truest SPLENDOR of all. I was 14, when it happened and I can honestly say with the combination of that and some other things, 1998 was one of the best years of my life. Ok, ok, I'm gonna stop and get to the point. This performance is the 1st one ever and one of the very few. Both singers did their thing, Mariah killed it, Whitney killed it, the whole show was great, I still get chills thinking about it. Just enjoy, Relive the Splendor, MY SPLENDOR.

No comments: