Thursday, February 7, 2008

Reviews from Latest Japan Listening Party

JAPANESE LISTENING PARTY REVIEW 7/2/2008

January 25 (Friday) - CAFE STUDIO Harajuku, Janet Jackson and Mariah Carey's new party listening.

On this day, Japanese media first heard Mariah Carey and Janet Jackson's new sound, with a cocktail in one hand.

Mariah Carey
Review 1
Also presented on the same day were 5 tracks from Mariah Carey's upcoming album whose title and release date are yet to be determined.

I can't reveal the details, but I got the feeling that this might be a huge hit! Her 9th album could surpass her latest record, Mimi, that was extremely successful.

Review 2
I heard that the record would be released sometime in April. I also heard 5 tracks and I liked them. "Mimi" is my favorite album from Mariah. You'll like this album if you liked "Mimi."

It's similar to "Mimi" in that it features a lot of R&B music, but it is less R&B compared to "Mimi." It's a mixture of R&B and pop that she used to do. Mariah is perhaps experimenting with new things.

Touch My Body was played here as well. I'm sure this will be a big hit because the Dream produced it. The melody is pop, but it's like an up tempo version of We Belong Together, as up-tempo as hip-pop songs get.

The beat of "That Chick" resembles that of Because of You, and it's Neyo-ish. I may be wrong though. I hope That Chick is released as a single.

OCC is kind of pop but has an interesting rhythm.

She's become more and more intriguing an artist in the past few years. This is the best Mariah ever.

IDJ is planning the release of 2 albums by worldwide superstars in 2008. We will surely keep an eye on their releases.

SOURCE: Ameblo | Love Love Jack | Translation of Article: Mariah Connection Asia & Zahid

No comments: